Last revised December 30th, 2019
Information We Collect
There are several ways we may obtain information about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; (B) information that we automatically collect; and (C) information we receive from third parties. This includes data that identifies you personally whether directly (i.e., your name) or indirectly (i.e., information about your online use).
A. Information You Provide
We collect personal information about you in various ways, online, offline, and by telephone. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Information You Provide When You Interact with the Website.
- We collect your name, postal address, email address, mobile or other telephone number, username and password if you register an account with us.
- We collect content information you provide, including photos and comments.
- We collect customer service inquiries, and related history that you share with us.
- We collect information you provide regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, anniversary date, demographics (such as gender, occupation, income and marital status), experiences with our products, and shopping and contact preferences.
- We also may collect information about the location of the devices used to access the Website (“Location Data”). Location Data includes: (a) the location of the mobile device or tablet derived from GPS or WiFi use; (b) the IP address of the mobile device or tablet or internet service used to access the Website; and (c) other information made available by a user or others that indicates the current or prior location of the user, such as geotag information in photographs. If you do not want us to collect Location Data from your device, please delete the app or disable the location settings on your device or tablet. Note, however, that disabling the location setting may affect your ability to access and use that app.
- Information You Provide When You Make a Purchase. If you make a purchase from us, we collect a credit/debit card number and related financial information (such as CVV, expiration date, and billing address), or other payment information (such as via PayPal or Apple Pay), depending on the form of payment you choose. We also collect purchase, return, wish list and transaction information.
- Information You Provide When You Apply for Credit: You may also be required to provide certain information when you apply for credit. We and the credit provider may be required to collect some information, including: your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, and other information needed to assess your credit worthiness and verify your identity, such as social security number and employment-related information. We require this information to process your application. If you choose to link to a credit provider’s or other third party site, they may have privacy policies that differ from our own, and we are not responsible for the practices of such sites. You therefore should refer to their privacy policies to understand how they collect and handle your information and what kinds of choices you have.
- Information You Provide about a Third Party. If you send someone else a communication from the Website, such as sending an invitation to a friend, the information you provide (e.g., name, e-mail address) will be used to facilitate the communication.
- Information You Provide Through Social Media. You may also be given the option to link to your social media account through the Website. When you do, we may automatically receive certain information about you based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party services. This may include name, user name, demographic information, updated address or contact information, location, interests, and publicly-observed data, such as from social media and online activity.
B. Information Automatically Collected
Whenever you visit our Website, we, and our third-party advertisers and service providers, may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, local shared objects (Flash cookies), HTML5 cookies, or other technologies to automatically or passively collect certain information about your online activity, such as the following:
- Computer or Device Information. We may automatically collect about your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Website, including but not limited to your IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, domain and other system settings, search queries, device characteristics, operating system type, language preferences, referring URLs, actions taken on our site, dates and times of website visits, metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you for the purposes described below, and to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. While you can change your cookies settings in your browser, without cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Website.
- Usage Information. We may use local shared objects to collect and store information about your preferences and how you interact with our Website, including the date and time of your visits, the areas or pages you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Website, the number of times you return to the Website, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Website, and other sites that you may visit. These technologies help us recognize you, customize or personalize your shopping experience, store items in your online shopping cart between visits, and analyze the use of our services and solutions to make them more useful to you. These technologies also allow us to aggregate demographic and statistical data and compilations of information, which may include personal information, and share this information with our business partners and service providers that provide products and services to us.
C. Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire information from other sources as follows:
- From other trusted third-party sources that selectively display ads based on browsing history. You can opt out of these services by clicking on the links below. The information collected includes, for example, your demographic information, media consumption, previous purchases, shopping habits, loyalty program information, lifestyle preferences, or information to validate or update the information we collect from or about you. For more information about your choices about ads displayed online please visit AdChoices and NetworkAdvertising.
- From our partners and service providers (including, for example, business partners, analytics and other data vendors, advertising networks and search information providers).
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information described above for the following business purposes:
- to provide our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide requested products and services;
- to process and track orders;
- to respond to comments, questions, or concerns;
- to prevent and detect fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- to alert you about a product safety announcement or recall or correction of an offer, promotion, or advertisement;
- to keep a record of our interactions with you;
- to verify and validate your identity to reduce credit risk and manage collections;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights; and
- to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We may use the information described above for the following commercial purposes, and may seek consent prior to such use, depending on your jurisdiction:
- to improve or develop new services and product offerings;
- to identify, offer, and contact you with personalized content and advertising, including newsletters, articles, product;
- or service alerts, new product or service announcements, savings awards, event invitations, and other information;
- to conduct market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups;
- to enroll you in loyalty or other programs, and enter you into sweepstakes and promotions or contact you regarding a contest prize;
- to notify you of changes to our Website or any products or services we offer;
- for marketing and promotional purposes; and
- to ensure that your shopping experience is as easy and pleasant as possible.
In addition, we may use the information in other ways for which we describe at the time of collection.
Further, we may use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (a) customizing our users’ visits to our Website, (b) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Website, and (c) managing our Website and other aspects of our business.
Additionally, if you use the Website to connect with third party services, you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests. We may use third-party analytics services to help us and our providers and other relevant third parties analyze your use of our Website. Click here to learn about how to opt out and our partners participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance.
On our Website, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites on which our ads are served. You also may see our ads on other websites because we use third-party ad networks to serve our ads.
We use such services to target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. We may also use our own cookies to serve you relevant advertising. We can track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of first and third-party cookies, web server logs, pixels and web beacons. The networks use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve our advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Website and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
To understand your choices for receiving more relevant advertising provided on the Website or across other websites and online services, or to opt out, please review the information below:
- To learn more about such interest-based advertising, and to opt out of such collection and use for interest-based advertising by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) participating companies, please visit http://optout.aboutads.info.
- To opt out from the use of information about your online activities for interest-based advertising by Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) member companies, please visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
- To opt-out of the use of your mobile device ID for targeted advertising, please see http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- If you wish to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on availablehttps://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Information We Share
We do not disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Policy.
A. Sharing of Information by You
We offer many ways to find, enjoy, and share content. Your activity in connection with our Website may include filling out surveys, reviewing and rating products or services, inquiring about or purchasing products or services, participation in online communities, “liking” or “sharing” our content to your social media accounts or pages or otherwise interacting with our Website. Any information you may disclose on publicly-facing aspects of our Website or on other third-party websites becomes public information. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
B. Sharing of Information by Us
We may share personal information with the following:
- Service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfill or ship your order or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and the Website, or administer activities on our behalf. These service providers are permitted to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, manage and reduce our credit risk, verify information, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting, analytics and marketing services.
- Co-Branded Relationships such as advertisers that provide products and services or rewards programs. We may share information with these third parties if you participate in a co-branded, co-sponsored, or jointly presented promotion, contest, survey, voting feature, or service.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information is information that cannot be used to uniquely identify or contact an individual person. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose this non-personal information for any purpose, and which includes non-personal information that may be aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand usage of our Website.
How We Protect Personal Information
Certain parts of our Website require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain tracking or to decline cookies, but by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features through our Website or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or “Help” section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences. On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
You can unsubscribe from receiving our emails by following the “Unsubscribe” link provided in our emails. We will honor your request to remove you from our mailing lists, but there may be a delay between submission of such request and actual removal from our mailing lists, as these lists are generated well in advance of our actual mailings. If you receive marketing communications from one or more brands or affiliates, you should opt-out individually from each of the affiliates from which you are receiving brand-specific marketing communications. Opting out of communications does not affect our communication with you via telephone or email regarding your orders or other sales or service transactions.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Website is not directed to children and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian please contact us. Please visit the FTC’s website at www.ftc.gov for tips on protecting children’s privacy online.
Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want your online activities tracked. At this time, the Websites do not respond to web browser “do not track” requests or similar signals that users may employ.
By providing information on or through a Website you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of such personal information as described in this Policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time by following the procedure described in the Choice/Opt-Out section above.
In addition, your use of the Website constitutes consent (a) to be contacted about your account through any contact information you provide, including cell phone numbers, even if the number is on a Do Not Call list, and even if you are charged under your phone plan and (b) to the use of any automatic telephone dialing system and/or a prerecorded message when contacted.
Links to Third Party Sites and Services
Access and Retention
If you have a Website account, you can log in to view and update your account information. Please contact us contact us with questions or concerns, to request edits to your personal information, or to have your personal information removed from our database. We keep your personal information for as long as we think is necessary or advisable, and we reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may take advantage of the following rights:
- You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose, any categories of personal information that we sold about you, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for selling your personal information, if applicable.
- You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from or about you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, or to comply with a legal obligation.
- You may request to opt out of Rylos’s sale of your personal information to third parties, and to our family of companies that do not share the same brand name, for their commercial purposes. This means that, if you opt out, going forward, we will not share your information with such third parties to use for their purposes unless you later direct us to do so. To effect the opt out, please click on the Do Not Sell My Information link on our website footer or submit a request in writing to the contact information below.
To take advantage of any of these rights, please visit this link. If you have questions about how to take advantage of these rights, please call us at 1-800-220-5852. We value your privacy and will not discriminate in response to your exercise of your privacy rights. We will respond to your access and deletion requests within 45 days of receipt of your request, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
- We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We sell the following categories of personal information: Identifiers/Contact Information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and inferences drawn from the above.
- We disclose the following categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifiers/Contact Information, Commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation, visual and audio information, and inferences drawn from the above.
Locations; Data Transfers
The Company is based in the United States. This Website is intended for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative, at your sole risk, and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
When you access this Website, you understand and acknowledge that we may transfer, process, and store information about you in the United States and other countries, both within and outside of the European Economic Area. By providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer to, and to the processing and storage of your information in, countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country in which you reside.
Modifications to this Policy
How to Contact Us
2 West 46th Street, Suite 909
New York NY 10036